Southern Company Instrument Technician (I&C Technician) - Plant Hatch in Baxley, Georgia
Instrument Technician (I&C Technician) - Plant Hatch
Hatch Nuclear Power Plant
Southern Nuclear, a subsidiary of Southern Company, manages and operates six nuclear power electric generating plants that provide approximately 20 percent of the electricity used in Alabama and Georgia. Southern Nuclear is leading the nuclear renaissance by building the first new U.S. nuclear reactors in more than 25 years. When completed, the two Westinghouse AP1000 reactors currently under construction at Plant Vogtle will make the facility the largest in the U.S. with four reactors on one site. This is an exciting time to join the Southern Company team and share your talents with a growing and progressive organization!
Job Summary and Responsibilities :
Southern Nuclear I&C Technicians are responsible for:
• Performing routine maintenance on plant measurement, control, and monitoring equipment.
• Performing surveillance and calibration on plant measure, control, and monitoring equipment.
• Maintaining environmental monitoring equipment and systems to ensure compliance with all regulatory and safety guidelines.
• This position requires emergency response organization participation.
Education Requirements :
• Minimum 2 Year Associate Degree in Electronics / Electronics Technology, Engineering / Engineering Technology, or equivalent military training (US Nuclear Navy ET). A Bachelor Degree (or higher) is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
• Basic computer skills.
• Job knowledge in instrument calibration.
• Instrumentation knowledge in a plant environment (nuclear preferred).
• Interpret logic diagrams, single-line drawings, P&IDs, connection drawings, and electronic schematics.
• Research, interpret, and follow procedures.
• Use electronic test equipment for measuring and calibrating equipment.
• Troubleshoot issues with equipment in strategic applications.
• Apply human performance tools to mitigate human error.
• Ability to uphold high standards.
• Knowledge related to networking protocols, operations, and administration preferred.
• Must qualify on the EEI Technician Occupations Selection System [TECH] test.
• The successful candidate must meet background screening and fitness for duty requirements.
The successful candidate must meet the physical requirements of the position.
Ensure personal safety standards are understood.
Southern Nuclear's top priority is the safety and health of the public, our employees and the environment. We are committed to the safe operation of our nuclear generating facilities with equipment and systems that meet strict Nuclear Regulatory Commission safety and design regulations. Each Southern Nuclear employee is committed to instilling Institute for Nuclear Power Operations' "Principles for a Strong Nuclear Safety Culture" in every aspect of their responsibilities.
With 4.4 million customers and more than 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company is the premier energy company serving the Southeast through its subsidiaries. A leading U.S. producer of clean, safe, reliable and affordable electricity, Southern Company owns electric utilities in four states and a growing competitive generation company, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for energy innovation, excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices that are below the national average. Southern Company and its subsidiaries are leading the nation's nuclear renaissance through the construction of the first new nuclear units to be built in a generation of Americans and are demonstrating their commitment to energy innovation through the development of a state-of-the-art coal gasification plant. Southern Company has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer and listed by DiversityInc as a top company for Blacks. The company received the 2012 Edison Award from the Edison Electric Institute for its leadership in new nuclear development, was named Electric Light & Power magazine's Utility of the Year for 2012 and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at http://www.southerncompany.com/
Southern Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Union Covered: No
Plant Hatch - 11028 Hatch Parkway, North (11028BAXLEY)
11028 Hatch Parkway, North
Req ID: SNC2005377