Southern Company Outage Scheduler Lead (Plant Farley) in Columbia, Alabama
Outage Scheduler Lead (Plant Farley)
Outage Scheduler Lead (Plant Farley)
It's an exciting time to be part of our growing organization. Southern Nuclear, headquartered in Birmingham, AL, operates Southern Company's six nuclear reactors at three locations in Georgia and Alabama: two reactors at Plant Vogtle, near Waynesboro, GA; two reactors at Plant Hatch, near Baxley, GA; and two reactors at Plant Farley, near Dothan, AL. In addition, construction of two new reactors is underway at our Plant Vogtle location.If a new and significant challenge is what you have been longing for, and if you are energized, positive, committed, and desiring to make a difference, then we are looking for YOU to join our team!
Responsible for directing the development of detailed schedules for forced, planned, and refueling outages while ensuring shutdown safety, ALARA practice, Technical Specifications and plant procedures adherence. Directly supervises the schedulers and is considered the "Owner" of all schedule logic. Oversees/approves all schedule changes during outage execution. Crosses all organizational boundaries working with all departments and designated team leaders for pre-outage preparation and execution.
• Experience directing operations activities or planning/scheduling maintenance resources in at least 2 refueling outages
• Personal computer (PC) knowledge
• Intradepartmental communication skills (verbal and written)
• Minimum of 5 years overall nuclear power plant experience with 5 years in a work scheduling role. Possess at least three years exempt plant maintenance, scheduling, planning, or work management experience.
• Experience with ESOMs & Maximo
• Significant experience and knowledge with Primavera P6
• FLS/managerial experience
• Current or previous SRO license
• Shutdown Safety Program knowledge
• Technical BS Degree
• Working and teaching knowledge of mainframe and PC based scheduling tools
Major Job Responsibilities:
1. Works directly with the Outage Specialists to coordinate the detailed schedule and outage plan development for the upcoming unit outage to ensure technical specification compliance and maintain shutdown safety in a manner consistent with station procedures, processes, and goals.
2. Provides supervisory function over the outage schedule group. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops schedulers to ensure a consistent approach to scheduling, IAW the guidance of the fleet.
3. Provide direction to all departmental planners, schedulers, and specialized teams for the outage plan and schedule preparation and execution.
4. Direct the development, implementation, and communication of the Shutdown Safety Program.
5. Direct the development, reviews and communication of the outage schedule progression development.
6. Direct the outage plan and schedule execution ensuring technical specification compliance while maintaining shutdown safety consistent with station procedures, processes and goals.
• Puts safety first in all activities http://www.southerncompany.com/corporateresponsibility/workforce/safety.aspx
• Must exhibit the Southern Style behaviors - Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, Total Commitment
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Power Plant Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Alabama-South Alabama-Dothan
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Other Locations: Alabama-South Alabama-Columbia
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Farley - 7388 North State Hwy 95 (7388COLUMBIA)
7388 North State Hwy 95
Req ID: SNC2005512