Southern Company Engineer (Elec/I&C - Design) - Plant Vogtle 1&2 in Waynesboro, Georgia
Engineer (Elec/I&C - Design) - Plant Vogtle 1&2
Electrical / I&C Design Engineer – Site Design – Plant Vogtle 1&2
If you want to make an impact, then we want YOU!
Want to use your skills to make a difference in your community every single day? Then join the Southern Nuclear team that’s improving the lives of our neighbors in Alabama and Georgia. We operate six units for Alabama Power and Georgia Power that generate vital energy for our communities:
• The Joseph M. Farley Nuclear Plant near Dothan, Ala.
• The Edwin I. Vogtle 1&2 Nuclear Plant near Baxley, Ga.
• The Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating Plant near Waynesboro, Ga.
We’re also building the future of energy with two new nuclear units currently under construction at Plant Vogtle. And we’re leading the charge on the research and development of the next generation of nuclear reactors – all for the benefit of our customers.
Thanks to our people, we’ve earned our place as an energy leader. If YOU want to want make a positive impact in your community and be part of the team that’s taking our industry to new levels of excellence, then we want YOU!
Summary of Position Duties:
• Create Design Change Packages and supporting documentation.
• Perform Electromagnetic/Radio Frequency Interference Evaluations.
• Perform Software change packages, and cyber security evaluations.
• Perform setpoint and scaling calculations.
• Provide technical oversight for design modifications.
• Conduct site walk downs, and review design modifications for constructability.
• Support cost estimates, and scoping of future design modifications.
• Ensure design drawings are updated after completion of a design modification.
• Present design changes at various meetings.
• Create purchase orders and verify materials received.
• Coordinate and write test procedures, as needed.
• Manage design scope, schedule, and budget to meet site objectives.
• Coordinate with stakeholders and vendors associated with modifications.
• Provide input for/attend post-project evaluation/lessons learned meetings.
• Perform engineering duty and emergency response duty as required.
• Other duties as required.
• BS in Engineering or PE license required.
• Nuclear design modifications experience is preferred.
• Construction planning, scheduling and implementation experience preferred.
• Project management/oversight experience preferred.
• Makes principled, data-based decisions that take critical factors into account.
• Works through conflicts to create win/win situations.
• Holds self accountable for superior results.
• Works well as contributing member of a team.
• Respects the dignity of every individual and different viewpoints.
• Assumes personal responsibility for individual success.
• Working knowledge of design processes and configuration is preferred.
• Working knowledge of the applicable discipline codes and standards is preferred.
• Working knowledge of PWR systems, structures and components is preferred.
• Working knowledge of nuclear power plant design and systems is preferred.
• Working knowledge of industrial digital systems such as Ovation, or Mark Vie preferred.
• Working knowledge of programming is preferred.
• Working knowledge of setpoint and scaling calculations is preferred.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-East Georgia-Waynesboro
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Vogtle - 7821 River Road (7821WAYNESBORO)
7821 River Road
Req ID: SNC2005508