Southern Company Nuclear Plant Instructor (Electrical Maintenance) - Plant Vogtle 1&2 in Waynesboro, Georgia
Nuclear Plant Instructor (Electrical Maintenance) - Plant Vogtle 1&2
Nuclear Plant Instructor, Sr. (Electrical Maintenance) - Plant Vogtle 1&2
If you want to make an impact, then we want YOU!
Want to use your skills to make a difference in your community every single day? Then join the Southern Nuclear team that’s improving the lives of our neighbors in Alabama and Georgia. We operate six units for Alabama Power and Georgia Power that generate vital energy for our communities:
• The Joseph M. Farley Nuclear Plant near Dothan, Ala.
• The Edwin I. Hatch Nuclear Plant near Baxley, Ga.
• The Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating Plant near Waynesboro, Ga.
We’re also building the future of energy with two new nuclear units currently under construction at Plant Vogtle. And we’re leading the charge on the research and development of the next generation of nuclear reactors – all for the benefit of our customers.
Thanks to our people, we’ve earned our place as an energy leader. If YOU want to want make a positive impact in your community and be part of the team that’s taking our industry to new levels of excellence, then we want YOU!
A Nuclear Plant Instructor, Sr. (Electrical Maintenance) is responsible for design, development, presentation, and administration of Plant Vogtle’s Electrical Maintenance training programs. The individual will report to the Maintenance Training Lead Instructor and will perform activities instrumental in sustaining the plant’s Institute for Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) accreditation; specifically,
• Conduct needs, job, and task analyses
• Design classroom, laboratory, and flow loop instruction
• Develop training and examination materials
• Conduct training sessions
• Administer training program, to include class scheduling and records administration.
• Review and maintain training materials
• Maintain lab equipment and materials related to the effective delivery and measurement of training
• Organize training venues, logistics, transport, and accommodations as required to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery
• Support Fleet and Station initiatives
• Conduct assessments, research, and evaluations as requested by the Maintenance Training Lead Instructor
• Support the Line organization in temporary outage assignments
• Assist in Corrective Action Program activities
• Support the Station as a member of the Emergency Response Organization
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical field strongly preferred
• Completion of an accredited-based technical training program, or equivalent as evidenced by a certificate, diploma, transcript, apprentice program syllabus, and/or INPO accredited training program (records as available) is preferred.
• 5 years of practical work experience required in either commercial or military nuclear power plant environment.
• Nuclear Electrician Journeyman, Electrician Journeyman, and/or Electrical Maintenance Supervisor experience preferred.
• Previous commercial or military instructor experience preferred.
• Understanding of and experience with the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) process, including relevant INPO ACAD requirements desired.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Mastery of electrical systems subject matter
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to instruct and present to large groups
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Excellent organization skills
• Detailed knowledge of electrical maintenance processes
• Experience in the field applications of maintenance fundamentals
• Ability to develop and build mockups and training lessons from concept to classroom delivery
• Ability to achieve and maintain a high-level of proficiency as a certified INPO instructor
• Ability to assess relevant training needs for students in accordance with policies and standards from Southern Company, INPO, and the NRC
• Manage training curriculum within the Vision server from InFocus Learning
• Cooperate with external training and accreditation bodies, agencies, and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards
Must exhibit the Southern Company's Core Values: Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, Total Commitment:
• Unquestionable Trust: Honesty, respect, fairness and integrity drive behaviors. Keeps promises and has ethical behavior as a standard
• Superior Performance: Dedicated to superior performance and sets high expectations. Priorities are safety first, teamwork and diversity and continuous improvement through leadership.
• Total Commitment: Committed to success of employees, customers, and shareholders and to citizenship and stewardship
• The successful candidate must meet background screening and NRC "Fitness for Duty" requirements. In addition, must meet the company physical requirements and ability to be respirator qualified.
• Selected candidate must live within one hour of the SNC Emergency Operations Facility for emergency response availability.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-East Georgia-Waynesboro
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Vogtle - 7821 River Road (7821WAYNESBORO)
7821 River Road
Req ID: SNC2005336